Download The Free WordPress Rel=Author Plugin
Will the friends of your friends find your blog posts? Not if you aren’t given credit for all those guest posts you’re writing!
Ensure you get credit for every blog post you write with the free rel=”author” plugin.
What The Plugin Does
The free rel=”author” plugin from Dempsey Marketing creates an author box on every blog post thank links the name of the author to their Google+ profile.
Here’s an example:
In this screenshot you can see that my name is now a link. That link goes to my Google+ profile.
In order for you to get full attribution, you also need to add a custom link in your Google+ profile that goes to your blog.
Here’s how it works:
- The author box links to your Google+ profile
- Your Google+ profile links back to your blog
NOTE: If you have a guest post that links to your Google+ profile you do not have to link back to that blog, unless it’s your blog.
What People Say About It
This was a big help. With Google’s Penguin changes, 1 of 5 search results show authorship. Your plugin helped me achieve that. Thanks so much!
Download The Plugin Now
Share This Plugin
Instructions For Using The Plugin
First you need to have a Google+ profile that is linked to your website. To do that:
- Open your Google+ profile
- Click the blue “Edit” button
- Under the “Contributor to” section of your profile add a link to your website (or blog)
- Save it.
Once you have that complete here’s how to set up the plugin:
- Download the plugin using the link above
- Install the plugin on your WordPress blog by going to Plugins -> Add New -> Upload -> Select the File -> Install
- Activate the plugin after it’s installed
- Go to your WordPress author profile
- Enter your Google+ profile URL into the “Google Profile URL” field under the “Contact Info” section
- Ensure you have both your first name and last name entered in the “Name” section of the profile
- Save your profile
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I make the author box show up at the bottom of the post instead of the top?
Open up main.php in the plugin editor (Plugins -> Editor) and change this line:
and the box should show up at the bottom.
This free plugin is provided as-is with no warranty. Install and use it at your own risk. So far it’s worked on every site we’ve installed it on, but that doesn’t guarantee it will work on yours.
Unless you are using a free WordPress theme, if you need any help with the plugin please email us at support [at] dempseymarketing [dot] com and we’ll try to help you out. So far the issues we’ve run into are with sites using free themes, and because we don’t use free themes we can’t help you there.
To date premium themes from StudioPress, Thesis, Headway and WooThemes have 0 issues. We highly recommend using a premium theme from one of these companies if you aren’t already.